I really enjoyed this week’s assignment. We were tasked with adapting our portrait to encompass animation, both governed by the mouse and autonomous. The goal was to create codependent variables to make your code a efficient as possible.
I was pleased to find that all of my coding was able to be done in p5.js will no attempts to test ideas in Processing.
I’m fascinated with the intersection of code and identity so I tried to see if I could test out this new aesthetic. I was curious about how to embed images in p5.js so I tried to challenge myself to incorporate a photo this week. I ended up posting this photo to the internet in order to get a direct URL. I’m still a little fuzzy on how to do this through the p5.js assets. I don’t see a video on it for the most up to date version of p5.js. I’ll have to wait until we address it in class.
I find that the code is still super long. In Processing we have tab management in order to organize the code. I’m wondering if there is a similar thing in p5.js. It takes forever to scroll around and find the last place you put your ellipses…
I didn’t hit any major road blocks this week! Looking forward to seeing what WK 3 brings.